Best of Foshowley: Facebook
Are people warming up to the new Facebook? I kind of took a break after it switched over. It just seems disorganized to me. It probably doesn’t help that I changed my language settings to English (Pirate) but anyway, I’ll power through. Here goes.
Facebook Posted Items for October 1, 2008
- Jay Smooth addresses Panic 2008 in “Economics and Annoying Smart Guys” (YouTube)
- Stuff White People Like is Still Funny (because it’s true)
- Whatever Martha made me feel better about unresolved issues with my mom and Martha Stewart (YouTube)
- The Polar Bear Dance Was Bookmarked on Islamify.org, renewing hope for peace in the Middle East
- A funny Sweded version of Lord of the Rings (YouTube)
Leave your pick in the comments section for this post.
FOSHOWLEY PICK: Whatever Martha.
Martha’s daughter, Alexis, and her red-headed friend watch old clips from the Martha Stewart show and make fun of her. I give Alexis’s buddy credit just for sitting next to the daughter Martha raised. The “I’m so judging you face” she inherited is priceless and merciless. But that heartless perfectionist attitude makes her commentary about Martha dead on and actually funny. I was pleasantly surprised. Watch the Whatever Martha video commentary on Martha making s’mores for Girlscout “tramps…”
It’s important to point out too that Martha acts like a robot processing code and segments about whittling birch sticks for the girl scouts aren’t doing much to convince me otherwise. Even if her daughter makes fun of her while she does it. It’s great Martha has such an awesome sense of humor but she stays on my Celebrity Robot List with Posh Spice until I see her and Alexis laughing about the past, over a glass of wine, on TV (like normal people).
Martha’s segment on blogs that got me started on this Martha kick.